There will be plenty to eat at tonight’s food truck bazaar (5 p.m. at second Street in Palmetto Avenue), but bring to canned good anyway. You’ll get a friend shot from West End Trading Co. owner Paul Williams.
The canned goods are for the Sanford vs Oviedo Food Drive, and it’s not looking good for Bokey. Our sister city to the south is beating us. Not to fear, though. The food drive runs through July 31.Drop off points are:
- Sanford City Hall, 300 North Park Ave. in either the main lobby or the utility department where you pay your water bill.
- West End Trading Co., 202 South Sanford Ave.
- Park Avenue Popcorn Shoppe, 108 South Park Ave.
- Pet Paradise Resort, 1100 W. 1st St.
- Palm Tree Computers, 225 North French Ave.
Most folks donate food during the holidays because that’s when it’s top of mind. But our local food banks need donations throughout the year. Please consider participating in this food drive, even if your main motivation is to beat Oviedo. No matter who receives the giant trophy and bragging rights, it’s our local food banks that win.
– by Dan Ping